This slow cooker recipe is super easy, and a delicious way to cook your Osso Bucco. Don’t know how to use this old-fashioned cut? Osso bucco is one of the most nutritious cuts of beef, full of collagen with all the benefits of beneficial Omega-3 fats. Tastes great!
Tasty Osso Bucco
- Slow Cooker
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1 Celery Branch finely chopped
- 4 Osso Bucco pieces
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour to coat the meat
- 120 ml Dry White Wine
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Thyme Sprigs
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Glaze
- 4 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon grated to zest
- Heat half the olive oil in a wide sauté pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, while stirring, for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Season the Osso Bucco pieces with salt and pepper and coat lightly with plain flour.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and brown the veal pieces for about 2 minutes on each side. Add the white wine, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all your ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low heat for up to 8 hours or until you get home.
- Just before serving, add the parsley, garlic and lemon zest.