Pulled Beef Cheeks
If there is a dish for a special occasion then this is it! Beef cheeks are one of the most delicious cuts of meat, flavoursome and versatile, but so rarely used and appreciated!One of the ladies who buys Good Life Beef gave me this recipe to try when we had people over the other night. I put my own spin on her delicious creation and added this recipe to my list of easy meals that can sit in the slow cooker cooking away all day while we're out on the farm. When we got home, the smell of red wine and beef wafting through the house was enough to get everyone excited.I'm sure you could substitute beef cheeks in this recipe with any of the fattier cuts of beef in your Good Life Beef box: Osso Bucco, Rump Steak or Diced Chuck would all be great.Treat yourself to something special. Enjoy!
Servings 4 people
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Beef Cheeks Or you can substitute Rump, Chuck or Osso Bucco
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 bottle Red Wine
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker together, making sure the liquid covers the cheeks.
- Cook on low for at least 5 hours.
- Remove cheeks from the liquid and, using two forks, pull the beef in to shreds or chunks as desired.
- Recombine the pulled cheeks with the sauce then simmer and reduce for a little longer.
- Serve with mash and greens or over pasta or even on a taco! Enjoy!